SPARC Hope Seeks a Development Coordinator
A newly created position, the Development Coordinator, is an integral member of the SPARC Hope team responsible for fostering a culture of philanthropy and securing funds to support our mission and programs. This role will provide daily management to a growing and comprehensive development program, overseeing all aspects of fund raising with a particular focus on annual giving, corporate/foundation relations and grants, donor prospect management, stewardship, and special events.
- Oversee, manage and grow an Annual Fund giving program of current donors and prospects comprised of individuals, corporations, and foundations to secure annual operating support gifts.
- Secure sponsorships for special events, as well as lead ticket sales strategy. Work closely with SPARC Hope’s volunteer event committee to ensure events are successful and impactful.
- Research, identify, write and submit successful grant applications to private and corporate foundation prospects. This process includes developing relationships with key program officers with our funding partners.
- Communicate in a transparent and effective manner with donors, staff, volunteers, and participants through the management of a donor relationship database.
- Guide and support the Executive Director in her role as spokesperson and fundraiser.
- Collaborate with the Treasurer to ensure that all legal, ethical and financial requirements are met.
- Effectively represent SPARC Hope’s mission, vision, values, and goals to the Community.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications, marketing, non-profit management, public relations or English.
- Experience serving in a comprehensive fundraising role.
- Record of success cultivating, soliciting, and closing gifts.
- Superior written/oral/interpersonal communication skills. Precise attention to details.
- Computer/technology literacy, MS Office, donor software and social media knowledge.
- Ability to cultivate, solicit and close gifts.
- Creative, strategic thinker.
- Commitment to best practices in fundraising administration.
- Integrity – honors donor intent and confidentiality.
Hours: To be discussed during the interview — flexible work hours.
Compensation and Benefits: Comparable with experience.
This position also offers paid vacation, a compelling mission, and highly dedicated staff and volunteers!
About the Organization:
SPARC Hope is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide support, encouragement and guidance to single parents in the pursuit of identifying life choice options that enhance their opportunities for career advancement and independence.
11921 Brinley Avenue, Suite 101, Louisville, KY 40243
To Apply: Send a resume, cover letter, three professional references and a writing sample via e-mail or mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
SPARC Hope is an equal opportunity employer: candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. SPARC Hope is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.